"For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being ROOTED and grounded in LOVE, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the LOVE of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

~Ephesians 3:14-21

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Snapshots of Living in Peru


Teaching Autumn how to wash clothes!

I am not going to lie...it takes the whole family to get all of our laundry done. So much for lifting weights. We have discovered that towels weigh A LOT when wet. Sean and the boys are the "spin mode" on my new washer!

Kids were amazed at the little girl leading the donkey!

We found a soccer field on one of our walks...overtaken today by a herd of sheep!

A friend of ours on staff at Villa Milagro painted Autumn's nails...she loved her little flowers!

Photo at church Wednesday night with Gleny (far left) and Vivian (far right). Most mornings, Gleny, Anita (not pictured), and I  meet at 5AM to run/walk as they teach me Spanish and show me around Cajamarca. We usually have to cross over small creeks, early morning cow milkings, and they protect me from all the dogs. Gleny and Anita are also teaching me how to cook and where to buy food. Vivian is amazing with kids and our kids love playing with her. She helps and lives with the other missionary family (The Kervin's). They all have been very helpful as we continue to learn about the culture and live in this new area!


Not pictured (for a reason) by Crissy
*Got my first possible bug (or spider) bite on my eye while I was sleeping. I woke up with a swollen eye (not camera worthy...trust me) and all I could think about was something crawling on my face while I slept. My nephew, Stone, told me the day before on Skype about how many spiders an average person will eat over their life time. We joked and said that we probably need to double that for Peru after seeing so many around the house. (Then I woke up the next morning with the bite...thanks Stone for "jinxing" me!)


No comments:

Post a Comment