"For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being ROOTED and grounded in LOVE, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the LOVE of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

~Ephesians 3:14-21

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Final Day in Matara: VBS & Ladies Bible Study

Seeking Wisdom 

A PSALM OF DAVID
"O Lord, you have examined my heart
    and know everything about me.

You know when I sit down or stand up.
    You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
You see me when I travel
    and when I rest at home.
    You know everything I do.
You know what I am going to say
    even before I say it, Lord.
You go before me and follow me.
    You place your hand of blessing on my head.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too great for me to understand!"
~Psalm 139:1-6



Glenda Huffman leading a study for the Ladies on Hannah, the "Woman of Grace"!

HANNAH'S PRAYER OF PRAISE
“My heart rejoices in the Lord!
    The Lord has made me strong. Now I have an answer for my enemies;
    I rejoice because you rescued me.
 No one is holy like the Lord!
    There is no one besides you;
    there is no Rock like our God."
~1 Samuel 2:1-2


Sarah helping the ladies make a beautiful hand-made flower to take home!

This church was established over 40 years ago...this encouraging, loving lady shared with us that she
has been here since the church opened its doors! 

This was the last day for Bible Studies that the NC Team led. Sarah gave everyone a beautiful bag
hand-made with love from ladies in North Carolina!
 Three Days of Fellowship & Fun!

So sad to leave them...God opened doors to minister to them for three days and now it is so hard to say good-bye! 

After the Ladies Bible Study...over 75 children arrived for the last day of VBS!

Celso sneaking Autumn a muffin...her favorite!

Many new faces showed up for the last day...
Thank you Lord for the blessing of being able to touch their lives by showing them Your love
during this final day of Vacation Bible School!

The kids were very excited about having new crayons to color with each day~
Thank you for all the donations of crayons that were sent down from the States!

Preparing to say good-bye to all the precious children is never easy...we all wanted to fill them up with snacks and give them a small gift to remember this time that we shared in Matara!


Thank you to all the churches, individuals, and students at local schools in North Carolina for providing BEAUTIFUL pillow case dresses...the girls were full of smiles as they each received their new dress!

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above." ~James 1:17a

Pray for the children of Matara! There are very few Christians and Evangelical Churches in this surrounding area of Peru. Pray that this young generation will put their hope and trust in our HEAVENLY FATHER and that their
LIGHT will shine before others!

"Let your light so shine before men." ~Matthew 5:16a

Meet Shirley...I fell in LOVE the moment I saw her! She wanted to help me in class
with crafts and the Bible Study each day! Every time she looked at us...she gave us the BIGGEST smile! 

One more surprise...each child received a BALLOON as they left the church!

Back at Villa Milagro in the Wood Shop, Willis Drew is working hard on building BEAUTIFUL furniture!

So thankful for this team and all the hard work they have put in for many hours each day to help others around them!

This is Ben's first trip to Villa Milagro (Peru)! He has a huge heart for serving our Lord and leads this team each night during devotion time by teaching Biblical truths and sharing how God continues to work in his life!

Dale and Buddy have visited Peru for many, many years (Dale has been coming for 24 years)!
The love for the people in this area continues to bring back this team year after year!

"That they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." ~Matthew 5:16b 
After a long days work, the team enjoyed Peruvian style special music...each band member giving
GLORY and PRAISE to GOD as they sung each song and played their instruments!
Rick taking advantage of a chance to hold Samuel (Celso's son). Samuel has a smile that will melt your heart!

River loving all the instruments!
Post concert music by the NC Team members...what a blessing to have this band stay longer and share
their love and passion for music with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment