"For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being ROOTED and grounded in LOVE, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the LOVE of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

~Ephesians 3:14-21

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Who's Agenda Is It?

41 Days Before Departure: 


Are things crazy around here? Of course, but then what family does not say that, especially during the Holidays? I am looking at our family calendar and it is full for the next 41 days! Christmas gatherings, visiting churches, packing for Peru, and oh yeah, work, school, church functions, soccer, and trying to prepare something a little more healthier to eat. You know I love being busy, having my kids and loved ones need me, it gives me purpose and I feel important, but I feel like sometimes I look like a chicken running around with my head cut off. Why are we all sooo busy? Like others I am always searching for ways to de-stress.


Today during my devotion I saw how busy Jesus was with the demands of His life. He was constantly surrounded and bombarded with requests. He always seemed to put others first, serving them, while putting himself last. He was always willing to serve others, but most importantly He was always serving His Father. Think about when Jesus would pray- early in the morning before the rooster crowed. He managed to live with a peace that seems beyond our reach, but yet it is available to all of us. 


I have to confess, among all the daily to-do's and running from here to there, I do feel stressed out. Moments like this, I realize that I am only concerned with my check-list that are awaiting my day.  Selfishly, I have been concerned too much about future things when I should be more concerned about what God is trying to do in my life today. I do not want to miss that. Then I remember all of a sudden that God has a plan for my life and it is not all in the future, but instead He has a plan for me to Glorify Him today if I will just listen to His Spirit. Just think about all the little prompts you have each day to stop and help someone, but we are too busy to stop. So I ask, "Even when we are busy, are we still willing to do the things that please God?"


John 8:29 ... for I always do those things that please Him.



1 comment:

  1. Sean and Chrissy, We received your beautiful card and prayer letter. We have it on the oven as a prayer reminder. Please send us updates on your ministry. We will be praying for you and that God will use your family to bring many Peruvians to Christ...Merry Christmas.
    Randy and Dawnn Kimberlin

    ReplyDelete